Staff FAQ Winter Smart Start Plan 2021-2022
- Staff are expected to report positive staff cases through the Weatherford ISD Health Services Department.
- Staff who test positive for Covid-19 must isolate for 5 days following a positive test or onset of symptoms. They may return if all the following criteria are met:
- If symptomatic, at least 5 days have passed since symptom onset, fever free*, and other symptoms have improved. *Fever-free for 24 hours without the use of fever-reducing medications (acetaminophen, ibuprofen)
- For those with no symptoms, at least 5 days after the day they tested positive.
- Staff who are experiencing Covid-19 symptoms may be sent home and must isolate for 5 days after the onset of symptoms. They may return if one of the following criteria is met:
- 5-day stay-at-home period, or
- Obtain a negative COVID test, or
- Alternate diagnosis from a medical professional
- Positive cases will be tracked on the district’s COVID-19 Dashboard. The dashboard will be updated daily throughout the school year.
- If you are unable to return to work after your 5 day isolation period, please inform your supervisor and contact Human Resources by phone or email [email protected]. Employees must submit additional medical documentation for absences due to Covid-19 beyond their scheduled return date.
Weatherford ISD Employee Leave Process Map for Covid-19
Local Covid Leave
An employee requesting Local Covid-19 paid leave must complete this form and return it to WISD Human Resources, 1100 Longhorn Drive, Weatherford, TX 76086 or [email protected] as soon as the need for leave is identified. Documentation supporting the need for leave should be included when the request is submitted. Employees may be eligible for Local Covid Leave up to 20 workdays (or a part-time employee’s 20 workday equivalent).
Local Covid Leave provisions will apply July 1, 2021 – June 30, 2022.
Employees may be eligible for Local Covid Leave starting the day of the lab-confirmed COVID-19 positive test for the individuals for whom they are caring, or for themselves.