Covid-19 Symptoms or Covid-19 PositivePrior to reporting to work, it is important to notify the campus nurse if you are not feeling well and have Covid symptoms. The nurse is happy to answer your health-related questions.
- Staff are expected to report positive staff cases to the Weatherford ISD Health Services Department.
- Positive staff must isolate for 10 days following a positive test or onset of symptoms. They may return if all the following criteria are met:
- 10 days have passed since symptoms began or if asymptomatic since positive test result, and
- Fever-free for 24 hours without the use of fever-reducing medications (acetaminophen, ibuprofen), and
- Improvement in symptoms
- Staff who are experiencing symptoms may be sent home and must isolate for 10 days after the onset of symptoms. They may return if one of the following criteria is met:
- 10-day stay-at-home period, or
- Obtain a negative COVID test, or
- Alternate diagnosis from a medical professional
- Positive cases will be tracked on the district’s COVID-19 Dashboard. The dashboard will be updated daily throughout the school year.
- Contract tracing will not take place, and students and staff will not be required to quarantine for exposure.
- If you are unable to return to work after your 10 day isolation period, please inform your supervisor and contact Human Resources by phone or email email@example.com
Weatherford ISD Employee Leave Process Map for Covid-19
Local Covid Leave
An employee requesting local covid leave must complete this form and return it to WISD Human Resources, 1100 Longhorn Drive, Weatherford, TX 76086 or firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as the need for leave is identified. Documentation supporting the need for leave should be included when the request is submitted. Employees may be eligible for Local Covid Leave up to 20 workdays (or a part-time employee’s 20 workday equivalent).
Local Covid Leave provisions will apply July 1, 2021 – June 30, 2022.
Employees seeking a medical diagnosis do not qualify for Local Covid Leave. Employees may be eligible for Local Covid Leave starting the day of the lab-confirmed COVID-19 positive test for the individuals for whom they are caring, or for themselves.
Effective August 25, 2021, unvaccinated international travelers should obtain a COVID-19 test three to five days after returning to the United States and stay at home for seven days with a negative Covid test. Vaccinated international travelers should obtain a COVID-19 test three to five days after returning to the United States. Upon a negative test result, no quarantine is required for vaccinated employees.
For any employee planning on traveling internationally, please complete the attached form and submit it to your supervisor 5 days in advance. Supervisors will submit the form to Human Resources. Human Resources and Health Services will then contact you to support you with these guidelines.