Traversa Ride 360 App
Parents are encouraged to download the Ride 360 app to check pick up and drop off locations and times. For instructions, please view the documents below.
Bus Rider Expectations 2020-2021
- Obey the instructions of the bus driver. At no time will a student act toward or address comments to the bus driver in a disrespectful manner, or refuse to cooperate with the driver.
- Board and leave the bus at your designated stop only. The majority of designated stops are at the nearest corner. Do not chase the bus once it has left the school or the bus stop. This creates a dangerous situation and drivers are instructed not to let you board once they have departed.
- RAILROAD CROSSINGS – Students are to be quiet upon approaching the tracks and remain quiet until the bus has cleared tracks.
- Only students eligible to ride may be transported. Students must ride their assigned bus.
- Do not ask to ride home on another bus with a friend without a note from home and approved by a campus administrator. Guest riders may only ride if space is available. Misbehavior of guest riders may result in the loss of this privilege.
- It is the responsibility of the parents to provide transportation to school if a child misses the bus.
- If you do not ride the bus for (3) three days, you must call the transportation office to reestablish service.
- Unpaved roads are not always safe for a bus to travel when wet; therefore it is the parent’s responsibility to meet the bus at the nearest pavement during these times. If you are not sure if the bus will run, call transportation at 817-599-2976.
PROCEDURES FOR WAITING FOR THE BUS
- Be at your bus stop (5) five minutes before scheduled pickup time. The driver will not wait or honk.
- Stand on the sidewalk or back from the roadway while waiting for the bus. No running or horseplay at the bus stop.
- When the bus approaches, form a line and be prepared to load immediately.
- Stand clear of the bus until it comes to a complete stop, and until red loading lights come on.
- Parents should instruct their children on what procedures to follow if the bus is missed.
- Bus riders will abide by the individual school’s rules and regulations, including conduct and dress code.
LOADING THE BUS
- Do not push or shove.
- Use the handrail and steps.
- Go to your bus driver assigned seat. The bus will not move until all students are seated.
- ALL BAGGAGE/BAND INSTRUMENTS – Any items brought on the bus must be able to sit in the students lap. Students must be able to hold baggage at all times. NO band instruments larger than a trumpet, will be allowed on the route bus.
CONDUCT ON THE BUS
- Remain seated at all times while the bus is moving. Each student will be expected to remain seated for the duration of the trip, and remain seated until released by the driver.
- Do not change seats. The driver will have assigned seats.
- A student shall not refuse to sit in an assigned seat or deny another student a place to sit.
- Normal conversation is permitted; any loud noises may distract the driver and create an unsafe condition.
- Scuffling, fighting and the use of obscene, vulgar or profane language and gestures are forbidden.
- Do not throw objects inside or out of the bus. Keep all pens and pencils put away at all times.
- Do not mark, cut, or scratch any part of the bus. Vandalism costs will be paid by the person(s) responsible. Bus service may be denied until restitution for damages has been paid.
- Students should only use emergency door and exit controls during a supervised drill or actual emergency.
- Students will never attempt to sit in the driver’s seat or operate the passenger door or other driver controls except in cases of extreme emergency. Students should no talk to or distract the driver while the bus is under way unless there is an emergency or the student has been addressed by the driver.
- Students shall face forward for the duration of the trip, and shall keep their feet on the floor in front of them and out of the bus aisle. Keep all body parts inside the bus and to yourself.
Riding the bus is a privilege and privileges can be revoked for disciplinary concerns
GETTING OFF THE BUS
- Stay seated until the bus is completely stopped and the driver releases you.
- Use the handrail and take one step at a time when leaving the bus.
- Wait your turn to leave the bus; pushing and crowding will only slow exiting and may cause an accident.
- You shall only use your assigned stop at all times, (A.M. and P.M. routes)
- Stay clear of the bus when unloading. Do not chase, touch, or hang on the bus at any time.
- Never cross behind the bus.
- If an article is dropped or rolls near or under the bus, do not try to get it. Make certain the driver sees you, go to the door of the bus and ask the driver for help.
- Tobacco, alcohol, and glass containers (includes e-cigarettes).
- Body spray, cologne, perfume or similar items may not be applied while on the bus.
- Live animals or insects.
- Weapons, explosive devices, matches or cigarette lighters, harmful drugs or chemicals.
- Any object (musical instrument, shop project, etc.) too large to be placed in students lap. NO band instruments larger than a trumpet will be allowed on the route bus
- Pagers, beepers, laser lights/pointers.
- Cell phones may be confiscated if the cell phone is causing a safety distraction.
- Students will be responsible for the items they bring on the bus.
- The driver has the authority to confiscate any prohibited items or any item that may cause a distraction.
- The first time the item is confiscated, the parent may retrieve it from the Transportation Office.
- If the item is confiscated a second time, it will not be available for pick up until the end of the school year.
- No Food of any kind (only bottled water is allowed).
For additional questions, contact WISD Transportation at 817-598-2976.
Weatherford ISD Transportation Center
999 Sloan Street
Weatherford, Texas 76086