Weatherford Independent School District

Healthy Kids Free Summer Lunch Program begins on Monday, June 3.


Health Insurance

Weatherford ISD offers medical insurance through TRS-ActiveCare which is administered by Aetna. Prescription insurance is a part of the medical insurance plan and is administered by Caremark. You will receive a medical insurance card from Aetna and a prescription card from Caremark. You may access more information on TRS-ActiveCare through the following website link: .


Plan Enrollment Information

The 2018 - 2019 Open Enrollment period has ended. The next open enrollment period will be in July and August 2019. No changes are allowed outside of the designated open enrollment period UNLESS you experience a Special Enrollment Event. Qualifying events include:
  • Marriage
  • Divorce (resulting in a loss of coverage)
  • Birth or Adoption
  • Death
  • Termination or change in spouse's employment (resulting in an involuntary loss of coverage)
  •  A dependent has a loss or gain of other coverage
Documentation of the Special Enrollment Event is required and the change must be made within 30 days of the date of the Special Enrollment Event and will become effective on the first of the month following that date. For example; Joe's wife, who insured him on her employer's insurance plan, is laid off on June 5th. Joe must contact the Benefits Office within 30 days of June 5 in order to enroll in district insurance. He must provide proof of the loss and his coverage with TRS ActiveCare would become effective on July 1.


Other available insurance

  • First Financial Group of America is the district’s Third Party Administrator who administers supplementary insurance such a dental, vision, disability, etc., to WISD employees.  For additional information about these options please visit their website at .


Additional Information and Forms

From time to time it may become necessary for an employee to change a beneficiary or when there has been a name change to update beneficiary information.  Several different forms are provided to assist you.  If you have questions regarding changing a beneficiary you may contact the WISD Benefits office.


Change of Beneficiary Forms:

  • TRS 11- to change beneficiary with the Teacher Retirement system
  •  Additional Forms:
  • 403(b) Deduction from Paycheck Form