WISD Families -
As always, the health and safety of our students and staff is our top priority. Due to the rising number of COVID-19 cases and the impact this is having on daily operations, all Weatherford ISD schools and offices will be closed from Wednesday, January 19 through Friday, January 21. Students and staff are scheduled to return to campuses on Monday, January 24. Our goal is to give our staff and students extra time to get healthy before returning to the school environment. Weatherford ISD will use this time to deep clean our campuses and facilities.
Today’s decision was not taken lightly. Weatherford ISD has done everything possible to remain open through the staffing challenges caused by the current surge of positive COVID-19 cases, but at this time, we no longer have enough staff and substitutes to continue to sustain operations.
Students will not need to make up these days since the WISD school calendar includes additional instructional minutes.
At this time, all high school and middle school UIL and extracurricular activities are scheduled to continue. These events cannot be rescheduled and we have adequate staff to continue those activities. During this closure, any activities scheduled for elementary schools are cancelled.
As a District, we are committed to helping our families during this closure. WISD Child Nutrition Services will distribute meals for Weatherford ISD students, WISD Kanga Care Clinics will provide testing for students and staff who are symptomatic for COVID-19, and the Academics Department will provide optional learning resources for students.
- Child Nutrition will offer drive-thru meal distribution on Wednesday, January 19, 2022 from 10:00 am – 12:00 pm at Curtis Elementary located at 501 W. Russell Street. The district will provide students with three breakfast and lunch “to go” meals. Parents will enter the drive-thru line from Russell Street and follow traffic lanes to the back of the school. We kindly ask that parents and students remain in their vehicle.
- Kanga Care Clinics will be open from 8:00 am – 12:00 pm and from 1:00 pm – 3:00 pm during this closure at the following locations. Students and staff may visit any location; please call before traveling to a campus.
- Martin Elementary: 817-598-2911
- Seguin Elementary: 817-598-2892
- Hall Middle School: 817-598-2823
- Weatherford High School: 817-598-2860
- Weatherford ISD recognizes the importance of partnering with parents to support student learning at home and is providing optional resources for students during the closure. The optional learning resources include free web-based programs for students in Pre-K through 8th grade that are focused on reading and math. High school students have the option of continuing any already assigned course work.
We strongly encourage parents to stay informed of district information. Please verify that your current and correct contact information is in Skyward Family Access. You may also sign up for Weatherford ISD text alerts by texting the letter “Y” or the word “Yes” to the number 68453. As we work through this school closing, we will communicate with you through our SchoolMessenger communication platform, WISD social media pages and the Weatherford ISD website. All messages sent by phone call will also be sent to your email address.
We encourage our families and staff to follow COVID protocols at home. The Texas Department of State Health Services is still advising wearing masks, getting vaccinated, and receiving a booster. Please consider those recommendations.
As we have said for almost two years now, we will get through this together – please make sure you are protecting yourself, your loved ones, and each other.
Thank you for your support and understanding,
Dr. Beau Rees
Superintendent of Schools