The mission of the Weatherford ISD Education Foundation is to generate and distribute resources for programs that enhance the educational experience of our children and teachers. In other words, we're like a booster club...but for teachers!
For more than twenty years, the Weatherford ISD Education Foundation, a 501(c)3 non-profit organization, has operated with a priority on four funding priorities:
- Awarding funding that allows Weatherford ISD teachers to implement creative learning projects for students in Pre-K to 12th grade through our grant awards program,
- Providing new school supplies and backpacks for students whose families need support,
- Awarding scholarships that allow our teachers to continue their education,
- Providing children's books for Weatherford ISD Pre-K students.
- The Weatherford ISD Education Foundation was established in 2000.
- Awarded over $1.49 million in grants to Weatherford ISD teachers have been awarded since 2001.
- Provided new school supplies and backpacks to over 20,000 students since 2003.
- Provided over 3,800 books to Pre-K students through our Heather's Books program in the first four years.
- Awarded over $30,000 in scholarships to WISD teachers to assist them as they pursue continuing education opportunities.