Trustee Election / Bond Election / Public Notices
School Board Election - May 4, 2024
About the Board of Trustees
The Board of Trustees consists of seven members elected to serve terms of three years each. Elections are conducted in May. Candidates run for specific places. Following the election, the board elects a president, vice-president and secretary to serve for one-year terms.
The next board of trustee election is scheduled for May 4, 2024. Places up for election will be Place 1 and Place 2.
Terms and Election Schedule
Board members shall be elected for three-year terms, with elections conducted annually, as follows:
Places 1 and 2
The election for places 1 and 2 shall be held in 2024, 2027, 2030 and in three-year intervals thereafter.
Districts 3, 4, and 5
The election places 3, 4, and 5 shall be held in 2025, 2028,2031 and in three-year intervals thereafter.
Districts 6, and 7
The election places 6 and 7 shall be held in 2026, 2029, 2032 and in three-year intervals thereafter.
- Candidate filing period to file application for place on the ballot is: Wednesday, January 17, 2024 to Friday, February 16, 2024 –
Monday through Thursday, 8:00 am - 4:30 pm or Friday, 8:00 am - 4:00 pm.
- All applications filed are public records and open to inspection upon request.
- Completed forms must be filed in the Weatherford ISD Administration Building at 1100 Longhorn Dr., Weatherford, Texas 76086, email [email protected], or fax 817-598-0216.
Candidate’s Guide to Primary and General Elections
The Texas Election Code designates the Secretary of State as the chief election officer of the State of Texas. In order to provide information on the electoral process to all Texans, his office has prepared this guide in the expectation that increased information will result in increased participation.
Policy BBA (LEGAL)
- December 18, 2023 - Deadline to post notice of candidate filing deadline
- January 1, 2024 – First day to apply for a ballot by mail
- January 17, 2024 – First day to file for a place on the General Election ballot
- February 16, 2024 – Last day to file for a place on the General Election ballot and Last day to Order General Election or Election on a Measure
- April 4, 2024 – Last Day to register to vote
- April 23, 2024 – Last Day to apply for ballot by mail (Received, not postmarked)
- April 22-26, 2024 – Early Voting – 8AM-5PM at Vote Center Locations
- April 29 & 30, 2024 – Early Voting – 7AM-7PM at Vote Center Locations
- May 4, 2024 – Last Day to Receive Ballot by Mail (by 7:00 p.m. if envelope NOT postmarked); May 6, 2024 – Last Day to Receive Ballot by Mail (by 5:00 p.m. if envelope IS postmarked)
- May 4, 2024 – Election Day at Vote Center Locations
- Polling Location: Parker County Courthouse Annex – 1112 Santa Fe Dr., Weatherford, Texas 76086
Administrative Assistant to Superintendent/Board