The mission of the Weatherford ISD Board of Trustees is to ensure all students receive a quality education through collaborative leadership, effective use of resources, and a qualified staff.
Core Beliefs and Commitments
- We believe each student can learn at or above grade level.
We will provide a quality education regardless of ethnicity, family income, gender, native language, special needs or area of residence. We will provide a guaranteed and viable curriculum for all subjects and grade levels.
- We believe that WISD can achieve higher levels of performance through clearly defined goals that set high expectations for student achievement through continuous improvement.
We will eliminate the achievement gaps between and within student groups and expect high levels of achievement for all students.
- We believe parent/guardian participation and community collaboration are fundamental to the development of all children and essential to sustain excellence.
We will improve educational outcomes for our students by engaging in a collaborative relationship with parents, grandparents, and/or caregivers as well as garnering support and active participation from businesses, elected and appointed officials, civic and faith-based organizations, institutions of higher education, medical and social service agencies, and our community.
- We believe in the value of each employee and in his/her personal learning and professional growth to achieve an efficient, effective, supportive, and student-focused organization.
We will treat each employee with fairness, empower each employee to focus on high performance, and hold each employee accountable for results that contribute to student achievement.
- We believe in responsible stewardship of public resources.
We will allocate resources to ensure equity for each student to reach his/her full potential. Resources will be used to improve student achievement with a high level of accountability and transparency. We will improve the efficiency, responsiveness, and effectiveness of central office and administrative support functions in order to ensure that an increasing level of resources is focused on teaching and learning.
- We believe WISD campuses and facilities should be safe and secure and provide a nurturing environment.
We will ensure that the learning and work environments are safe and secure so that each student and staff member will achieve high levels of performance.