To qualify for the 2019-2020 Full-Day Pre-Kindergarten program, a student must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Child must be 4 years old on/before September 1, 2019
- Child must live within the Weatherford ISD boundaries
- Child must meet one of the following state based criteria
1. is unable to speak and comprehend the English language; or
2. is educationally disadvantaged; or
3. is homeless, as defined by 42 U.S.C. Section 1143a, regardless of the residence of the child, of either parent of the child, or of the child's guardian or other person having lawful control of the child; or
4. is the child of an active duty member of the armed forces of the United States, including the state military forces or a reserve component of the armed forces, who is ordered to active duty by proper authority; or
5. is the child of a member of the armed forces of the United States, including the state military forces or a reserve component of the armed forces, who was injured or killed while serving on active duty; or
6. is or ever has been in the conservatorship of the Department of Family and Protective Services following an adversary hearing held as provided by Section 262.201, Family Code.
7. Be the child of a person eligible for the Star of Texas Award as: a peace officer under Section 3106.002, Government Code; a firefighter under Section 3106.003, Government Code; or an emergency medical first responder under Section 3106.004, Government Code
The full day Pre-K program will be held at Ikard Elementary and Seguin Elementary and will follow the normal school day schedule.
Pre-Kindergarten Attendance Zones for 2019-2020
Ikard, Curtis, Wright and Austin students will attend Ikard Elementary
Seguin, Crockett and Martin students will attend Seguin Elementary
Pre-Kindergarten is not a mandatory program.
However, if your child qualifies and is enrolled, he/she is subject to compulsory attendance law. Your child must attend school each day, Monday through Friday.
Transportation will be provided to students.