Kindergarten Registration Information
Begin your child's love of learning in a Weatherford ISD elementary school by enrolling them in Kindergarten for the 2023-2024 school year! Kindergarten registration provides parents their first opportunity to enroll their child in a Weatherford ISD elementary school. We look forward to serving your child and your family!
All WISD elementary campuses held Kindergarten Roundup on March 1, 2023. If you missed this event, you can still enroll in person or online. To enroll in person, please contact your campus for more information.
To complete registration, parents should bring:
- Your child's birth certificate
- Your child's shot records
- Parent ID - Driver's License, ID Card, or Passport
- Proof of Residency
(Parents may also enroll online starting on March 1, 2023. Instructions for completing registration online can be found below.)
|WISD Kindergarten Classrooms Offer...|
Individualized Instruction for Every Student - Our kindergarten program is designed in a way that allows teachers to differentiate instruction so they can focus on the individual needs of each student.
Passionate Teachers who Care About Your Child - Our teachers strive to provide the most effective individualized instruction while nurturing each child's unique talents and abilities to make sure they feel special and loved.
Curriculum that Goes Beyond the ABCs and 123s - Special subjects like PE, music, technology, and library provide a fun and creative outlet for kindergarten students.
Strong Foundation and Supportive Environment - Weatherford ISD provides your child with a positive environment where they can thrive academically, socially, and emotionally. We welcome parents as volunteers and encourage you to be an active part of your child's education - both at home and in the classroom.
After School Care - Enjoy the convenience and security of your child remaining at their neighborhood school all day. The KIDS UNITE after-school program is available at each elementary campus in Weatherford ISD to provide a safe, fun, nurturing, educational, and convenient setting for children to extend their learning beyond the regular school day. For more information, please visit our KIDS UNITE page by clicking HERE.
|Enrolling New Students in Weatherford ISD (Pre-Kindergarten - 12th Grade)|
NOTE: Kindergarten registration for the 2023-2024 school year will open on March 1, 2023.
Parents/Guardians need to follow the steps to Enroll a New Student (Pre-K-12):
- Determine the student's eligibility
- Children age 5 by September 1, and not 21 years of age on the first day of school, are eligible for enrollment in grades K-12.
- Children age 4 by September 1 who meet qualifying criteria are eligible for Pre-K enrollment.
- Identify your school
- To determine which school serves your address, please use the Campus Locator Link
- You may contact the school to make an appointment (list of schools and contact information) -OR-
- You may complete the online registration process prior to making your appointment with the school to complete the registration process
- Create Skyward Family Access
- New family to Weatherford ISD -- Click on the following link to request a Skyward account in order to complete the online registration documents. After you receive your log in information, you will be directed to the application program.
- Family with other students currently enrolled in Weatherford ISD -- If you have other students who are currently enrolled in Weatherford ISD, you may log in to Skyward Family Access to enroll your student. Look for "Registration" in the menu options on the left side after you log in to the system. If you have lost or forgotten your log in information, please contact the school of your currently enrolled child and they can give you that information.
- Register through Skyward Family Access - Please upload the following items during the registration process:
- Parent Identification (Valid Photo ID; Driver's license, Passport, Permanent Resident Card or Naturalization Papers)
- Student Identification (One of the following options: Birth Certificate, Passport, Adoption Record)
- Student's Immunization Record (A list of required immunizations may be found here.)
- Student's last report card, if available
- Students receiving special education or 504 services should bring a copy of current IEP or accommodations
- Proof of Residency
- If living in one's own residence or renting - provide rental agreement/lease or utility bill
- If building in Weatherford ISD - provide builder's contract showing projected completion date and utility deposit
- If living in another person's residence - both parent/guardian of student and the person who lives/owns the residence will need to sign a notarized Affidavit of Residency form (see attachment located at the bottom of this page.) This paperwork is available at each campus and the Student Services Office.
- Custody information, if necessary