WISD Information Related to COVID-19
Weatherford ISD is committed to the health, safety and academic learning of our students and staff members.
As schools reopen for the 2021-2022 school year, Weatherford ISD will continue monitoring updates and guidelines put forth by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), the Texas Education Agency (TEA), and federal, state, and local officials related to COVID-19.
Weatherford ISD will follow the one state requirement related to COVID-19: If any student, staff, or volunteer has been in school and reports testing positive for COVID-19, District staff will report the positive case to our local health department and to the Texas Department of State Health Services.
- As a reminder, the CDC always recommends everyday preventive actions to help prevent the spread of respiratory viruses, including:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
Please contact the following organizations for assistance: