The Ex-Student Association Board has developed a best practice guide for reunion planning during homecoming weekend. Whether you’re planning your class reunion or hosting a combined classes reunion, you’ll find the answers to our frequently asked questions to guide you to planning the best class reunion ever!
When is Homecoming?
The date for homecoming is typically set in February each year when coaches from our UIL District meet to set the varsity football schedule. An announcement is made on this website once the date is established or you may call the WISD Communications office at 817-598-2956.
The dates for the 2019 Homecoming weekend are Thursday, September 19 and Friday, September 20. The Roos face Fort Worth Southwest for the Homecoming football game.
Who is responsible for planning our class reunion?
Usually the class officers organize the reunion, involving other classmates on committees such as Programs, Food, Communication, Games, and Decorations.
How do we get a mailing list for our class?
Many of our classes now establish a Facebook page for their reunion class events. In addition, the Communications Department at the Weatherford ISD District Services Building maintains a mailing list of all ex-students. Records date back to the 1920s. Copies of the mailing list are available to reunion planning committees only by calling 817-598-2800. Reunion classes work with the Communications office, providing updated information to help our mail list stay current.
What about Facebook?
Most classes start their own Facebook page , but you can also post reunion information on the official WHS Ex-Student Facebook page located at www.facebook.com/wisdexstudents . Facebook is a great way to find former classmates and to communicate information quickly.
What locations are available for reunions?
There are many sites available in the Weatherford area. The Pizza Place on South Main is a very popular for class reunions, so we recommend booking this site early. Other locations include the Canyon West Clubhouse or Pavillion, Vintage Grill, the Parker Room at the Fire Oak Grill, Willow Lake, Doss Heritage & Culture Center, Cherry Park, Harberger Hill, Holland Lake, Clark Gardens, and Texas Star. Please note that there may be booking charges required at some or all locations.
Some reunion classes also schedule golf outings at one of the following local courses: Canyon West Golf Course, Crown Valley Golf Course, Split Rail Links & Golf Club, Sugar Tree Golf Course, or Squaw Creek Golf Course.
Does Weatherford ISD provide any funds for class reunions?
Weatherford ISD does not provide any financial assistance to class reunion planning or events as this would be considered a “Gift of Public Funds.” Classes either host fundraising activities or charge admission to events to cover the costs associated with their reunion. We suggest that classes require RSVPs to events where there will be catering to avoid overestimating attendance. We recommend that each class set up a Class of xxxx account at a local bank to handle all financial transactions.
Can we make a donation in memory of our classmates?
Giving a donation in memory of classmates is a wonderful tribute. Donations may be made to any organization, but we humbly suggest considering a donation to the Weatherford ISD Education Foundation. This organization was founded in 2000 and raises funds to provide grants to teachers for innovative classroom grants, school supplies for students whose families cannot provide these essential tools for learning, and scholarships to teachers for continuing education. For more information, please contact the Communications Department or visit the Foundation’s Facebook page at www.facebook.com/wisdef .
What is the typical Homecoming Weekend Schedule?
- Homecoming Parade starting at the WHS Ninth Grade Center at 5:30 p.m. The parade goes north on S. Main, turns left at W. Oak or W. Church Street, turns left on S. Alamo Street, and then left on Russell Street ending at the Ninth Grade Center. The parade lasts approximately one hour. Parade entry forms are available at the high school and the District Services Building in early September. A nominal cost is required for each parade entry and benefits the WHS Student Council.
- Ex-Student Association Award Luncheon from 11:30 – 1:00 honoring the Distinguished Alumni and Service Award recipients. There is no cost to attend the luncheon, but reservations are required due to limited seating. Please call 817-598-2956 to reserve seating.
- Homecoming football game begins at 7:30 p.m. at Kangaroo Stadium. If you were a member of the WHS Choir, you are invited to join us pre-game at the track for the singing of the National Anthem. Tickets to the Homecoming game may be purchased the week of the game. Weatherford ISD reserves one general admission section on the home side of the stadium for all reunion classes. We ask that the older classes take the seats closest to the portals. After that, seating is first come, first served for classes. Usually, classes send a few people to the stadium early to capture seats.
- Homecoming Court is presented during half-time and includes the Coming Home Queen for the 25 and 50 year reunion classes. Please contact Weatherford High School at 817-598-2858 with the name and contact information for the Coming Home Queen.
- WHS Athletic Hall of Fame Awards presentation at the Durant Auditorium on the WHS campus beginning at 9:00 a.m. This event honors outstanding athletes and teams from Weatherford High School. The event is free; reservations are not required.
Have a question that wasn’t addressed?
Please feel free to call the Communications Department at 817-598-2956 or email firstname.lastname@example.org .