Employee Assistance Program
The goal of our Employee Assistance Program is to provide district employees with quality benefits so that you can take care of yourself and your family. The Employee Assistance Program for WISD offers employees 3 (three) free sessions to WISD employees. Please call 1-855 387-9727.
Here is the link to the Employee Assistance Program. The program includes the following:
- Confidential Counseling
- Financial Information and Resources
- Legal Support and Resources
- Work-Life Solutions
- Guidance Resources Online
- Free Online Will Preparation
WISD Benefits Plan
Weatherford ISD offers a number of valuable benefits to employees and their dependents. This includes medical insurance, life insurance, dental and vision insurance, and other desirable benefits. Our benefits plan year begins on September 1 and ends on August 31. Weatherford ISD provides a no cost life insurance policy in the amount of $10,000 for employees working 20 or more hours per week and contributing to TRS.
Please visit our benefits portal at The Benefits Hub for information on all our benefits. Please click on the applicable link on the left hand side of the page. You will find plan designs, premiums, forms, and other useful information.
- Health insurance is offered through Texas Schools Health Benefits Program (TSHBP), and can become effective on either the date of hire or the first of the month following the date of hire. Please visit the Employee Benefits Portal for more information.
- All supplemental benefits such as dental, vision, disability, and life insurances, will become effective on the first of the month following the date of hire.
- New hires have 30 days from the date of hire to enroll for benefits.
- New hires must log onto the benefits portal at The Benefits Hub to enroll for, or decline, coverage within 30 days of the date of hire. If declining all coverage, employees must assign a beneficiary for the $10,000 of life insurance the District provides at no cost to the employee. If no beneficiary is assigned for the life insurance the benefit will be paid according to Texas State law and and probate. There can be a long delay for survivors to receive the benefit if no beneficiary is assigned. Note: beneficiaries under the age of 18 will have the benefit held in trust until the attainment of age of 18.
- If no action is taken within 30 days of the new hire date, all benefits will be noted as declined and no beneficiary will be assigned for the District paid life insurance.
Annual Open Enrollment
- Annual Open Enrollment is held each year during the months of July and August. Employees may make changes to any of their benefits during this time. The changes will take effect on September 1, the start of the new plan year.
Mid-Year Benefit Changes
- If an employee experiences a qualifying event such as a loss or gain of other coverage, birth, divorce, adoption, etc., please contact the Benefits Office at 817-598-2800, Ext. 3017, within 30 days of the event. The Benefits Office will ask for documentation of the change and make the necessary updates.
Retirement Plan Options
- Weatherford ISD offers optional contributions to 403 (b) or 457 (b) retirement plans through payroll deductions. Enrollment in a retirement plan can be made at any time. Please contact our Retirement Plan Administrator, RAMS Region 10, for more information.
Questions? Contact Brittney Cearley in the Benefits Office at 817-598-2800, Ext. 3017.