We appreciate your interest in becoming a substitute for Weatherford ISD and are currently reviewing applications.
Substitute qualifications, the application process, and other information is posted below. If you have any questions or comments please contact Cyndi Cantrell at email@example.com
- Have a High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Must provide two reference letters from current or previous employers on company letterhead or company email.
- Meet minimum age requirement for teacher certification (18).
NOTE: All substitutes in the Weatherford Independent School District are required to comply with the fingerprinting requirements of Senate Bill 9. After completing the required Substitute Orientation an individual’s name will be submitted to the State Board of Educator Certification (SBEC) to begin the fingerprinting process. The cost for this is paid by the substitute at the time of fingerprinting.
- When the need for additional substitutes becomes necessary, the substitute application will be posted. From the WISD homepage, click on "Human Resources" then "Employment Opportunities".
- Selected applicants will be contacted by an email from the Substitute Coordinator to schedule them into the next available orientation session. Orientation sessions are held as needed in order to maintain an adequate substitute roster for the district.
- Applicants who are not selected will be notified by email but information is maintained in the database so that individuals may apply again when the job is once again posted on our website.
Substitute Pay Rates
Non-Degreed - $70/day
Degreed - $80/day
Certified - $80/day
Long-Term - $105/day
(Certified substitutes in a certified position- long-term pay begins on the 11th consecutive day)
Substitute Pay Schedule
Pay periods run from the first Friday of each month to the first Friday of the following month. Payday is the 25th of each month unless it falls on a weekend or holiday, and is then issued the Friday before. All paychecks are direct deposit.