Burn a CD/DVD - Windows
You will need the following items
- The media file you wish to burn to disc.
- For the easiest experience, be sure the file is directly on your computer, and not on a network or flash drive.
- A blank CD or DVD
- A CD/DVD Writable Drive
Format Your Disc
- Insert a blank CD or DVD into the disc drive.
- Cancel any box asking what you would like to do with the disc you inserted.
- Open File Explorer on your computer.
- Right-click your CD/DVD drive
- Select Format from the pop-up menu.
- Leave the default settings
- Type a name for your disc in the Volume Label box.
- Click Start.
- Click OK when you receive the Warning notice indicating all data on the disk will be erased.
- Formatting will prepare the disc to receive data and may take up to a minute to complete.
- Once you receive the Format Complete message, click OK.
Add Your Data
- Open the disc by double-clicking the appropriate drive (usually D:\).
- Locate the file(s) you need to burn to disc
- Keep both windows open and positioned so you can see them both.
- Drag and drop the files you need copied to the disc.
Finalize (Burn) Your Disc
- Keep the Window open so you can see your files.
- In the left column next to that window, right-click your disk drive.
- Select Close Session.
- When the disk is ready, Windows will notify you that it may now be used on other computers.