News & Updates
Technology Work Orders
Technology work orders may be entered through the Weatherford ISD Single Sign On Portal by clicking on the Incident IQ button. Select District Login to login with your credentials.
Email Scams & Malware
In recent months the amount of “phishing” (scam) email traffic has dramatically increased. These “phishing” emails try to trick the recipient into revealing account information or installing malware (a malicious program) by clicking on a link or replying to the email. Some example subject lines from these emails are: ”FedEx Delivery Notification”, “Your Inbox Is Over Limit”, “Your Account Will Be Closed” or “Email Notice”.
PLEASE DO NOT CLICK ON LINKS IN SUSPICIOUS EMAILS OR RESPOND TO SUSPICIOUS EMAILS! Use the Phish Alert button to report them.
THE WISD TECHNOLOGY DEPARTMENT WILL NEVER CONTACT YOU VIA EMAIL FOR YOUR ACCOUNT INFORMATION!
How can you tell if an email is a fraud?
Look for these signs……
- Request for Personal or Account Information
- Email senders pretending to be official WISD staff ([email protected] / [email protected], etc.)
- Urgent Wording (ie. “Your account will be disabled”)
- Links Inside of Email
- Suspicious Attached Files
- Seems To Good To Be True
- Never reply to emails requesting personal information
- Do NOT Open Suspicious Emails
- Do NOT Click On Suspicious Links
- Use Strong Passwords (random numbers, letters, upper-case, lower-case – Don’t use words)
- Change Passwords Often
- Forward unsolicited email to your junk email folder or to [email protected] so we may take further steps to block suspicious email.
If a computer becomes infected with malware, the computer will be reimaged. It is CRITICAL that you regularly backup your data because all data will be erased from the computer during reimaging. The technology department suggests FREQUENTLY backing up to your S: Drive, Google Drive, OneDrive, or to a personal USB flash drive.